I love Mexican food! I don’t need to say much more. Hopefully in time my blog will be full of my variations of great Mexican dishes!
Ingredients (Makes 6-8 wraps)
For the fajitas
- 3 large sweet potatoes
- 1 large red onion
- 3 red/orange/yellow peppers
- 2-3 teaspoons of chili powder, depending on how hot you want it
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons of coconut oil, melted
- A few leaves of iceberg lettuce
- 8 wholegrain or gluten free wraps
For the guacamole
- 2 avocados
- Juice of 1 large lime
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
For the sour cream
- 1 large pot of coconut yogurt (roughly 300g)
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
Start by preheating the oven to gas mark 6. To make sure the sweet potatoes are cooked through, you need to oven bake the fajitas. Chop the sweet potatoes and red onion into chunks, and cut the peppers into strips. Place the vegetables into a large bowl and put to one side. Mix the spices, salt, coconut sugar and garlic powder into a small bowl with the melted coconut oil and stir until you have a paste. Pour the seasoning over the vegetables and mix with your hands until everything is coated. Place on a baking tray and cook in the oven for 40 minutes, giving the vegetables a stir after 20 minutes.
While the vegetables are cooking, you can make the guacamole and the sour cream. For the guacamole, peel and de-stone the avocados and mash with a fork into a bowl. Finely chop the tomatoes, red onion and chilli, and mix in with the avocado. Add the lime juice and salt and stir. Store in the fridge until you are ready to serve.
For the sour cream, mix all of the ingredients into a bowl and stir until everything is well combined. Again, store in the fridge until you are ready to serve.
When your vegetables are ready, serve up in a bowl with a couple of spoons, take the guacamole and sour cream out of the fridge and let your guest fight over who gets the first wrap! Enjoy!