I used to love going out for Chinese when I was a child, just the smell of a Chinese restaurant was amazing, all those favours mixed together! Nowadays I like to mostly cook at home, but what I find a shame, is all the sugars, E numbers and artificial colourings that you find in a ready made stir fry sauce. Since putting together my own recipe, I will never buy store bought sauces again! This is so simple to make, and it just requires you to put everything into a bowl and stir. The ingredients are simple and easy to get hold of, but the taste is amazing, I hope you enjoy!
Ingredients (Used in a stir-fry for 2)
- 4.5 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons of tamari sauce
- 1.5 tablespoon of almond butter
- 1 teaspoon of sesame oil
- 3 teaspoons of white rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of five spice powder (fennel, cloves, cinnamon, ginger, black pepper)
Ingredients (Used as a dipping sauce)
- 3 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons of tamari sauce
- 1 tablespoon of almond butter
- 1/2 teaspoon of sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons of white rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon of five spice powder (fennel, cloves, cinnamon, ginger, black pepper)
Put all of the ingredients into a bowl and give it a good stir until all well blended, alternatively you can use a blender. This goes great in my Simple veggie stir-fry, but also makes a good dipping sauce for spring rolls.